SJC Homework Plan 2020-21
Setting of homework:
- All homework set on SMHW on the set day as allocated on the homework plan by 2.35pm for all subjects for Year 10-13. Collection of previous homework set is on the same day.
- All homework set on SMHW on the set day as allocated on the homework plan by 2.35pm for KS3 Maths, English, Science, History, Geography, RE and MfL. This should detail the section of the KO students should be revising. Collection of previous homework set is on the same day.
- The deadline should be set for the last lesson the teacher sees the class before the Friday.
- At KS5, the expectation is that appropriate homework / coursework is set by each class teacher every week, the duration of which may vary. However, students should also be undertaking 2 hours of independent study, separate to their homework, for every hour of lesson time.
- Before Monday at 3.35pm teachers must update their SMHW to indicate if the work has been submitted
- A report is then run by the Raising Standards Leader on Mondays at 3:35 pm. The Academic Progress Leaders will notify parents and students about the homework clinic (day and time).
- At times of Remote Learning for specific year group, this policy does not apply. Remote Learning policy applies.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Homework Clinic after school with SLT & APL on a rota
- 1-2 missed homework= class teacher intervenes
- 3 – 4 missed homework = Homework Clinic for as long as all tasks are completed
- Homework clinic maximum stay = 1.5 hours
- 5+ missed homework or refusal to attend the homework clinic = Compulsory Homework Detention for two hour the following week. Failure to attend =meeting with parents with APL supported by SCA, and/or JHW
Homework Clinic Days and Room Allocation for KS3 & KS4: